Sunday, April 24, 2011

BOOKS

1. "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss
I would say that this is the most simple, yet impacting books I have ever read. It was the first book I ever read on my own. I remember sitting with my aunt for hours and hours sounding out every syllable, crinkling every page. And finally, I learned to read it all by myself. I associate this book with so many of my childhood memories. It is most impacting because without it, I wouldn't have read any other books.




 2.  The Bible, preferably in the message translation. Being raised in a Christian home, this book contains everything that my parents have spent the last 18 years instilling into myself and my brothers. My core values, convictions, and the foundational truths I stand on all come from the words and ideas expressed in the Bible. This is my "how to" book on life.


3. "Bossypants" by Tina Fey
I recently finished reading this book on my Kindle, and I have not laughed this hard in quite a while. The people at Starbucks obviously hadn't read this satirical, sarcastic and hilariously crafted synopsis of Tina Fey's life, because they sent me judgemental "shut up" glances as I giggled and gasped page after page. I would say this book was impacting to me because it inspires me. I see Tina Fey as a role model, someone I can relate to. A girl with a killer sense of humor, leadership abilities and a knack for finding herself in awkward and embarassing situations. I loved every moment of this book and can definitely see myself reading it again and again, and laughing every time. see for yourself!

1 comment: